What are our programmes?
Using a teachable moment intervention we offer a Reducing Violence Programme that includes emergency first-aid training sessions for young people affected by violence. This training can also forms part of our 12-week health and social care skills and employability programme, StepWise. Our training is delivered by young healthcare volunteers across the UK.
Why do our programmes work?
- Exclusive focus on young people affected by violence, who are most likely to be on the scene of a medical emergency resulting from violence.
- Peer-to-peer training by young student or professional doctors, nurses and paramedics engages and inspires young people.
- Skills-based intervention is proven to be effective in preventing youth offending.
- Asset-based model focuses on what is right with young people, not ‘what is wrong’ with them; so young people become part of the solution to violence, not just part of the problem.
- Trauma-informed approach safeguards those young people who might be triggered, traumatized or retraumatized in our sessions.
- Partner toolkit provided to all partners to help support young people pre-, during and post-delivery.
- Impact data is evaluated independently and has been awarded a Nesta level 2 standard of evidence and Project Oracle standard 2.
- Award-winning training has won 14 youth sector and charity awards.
Pages in this section
Reducing Violence Programme
Emergency first-aid training sessions for young people affected by violence. Sessions can be delivered as one-off’s or as a comprehensive programme over 4 weeks.
Our 12-week youth-engagement and education programme that enables young people affected by violence to learn, share and teach emergency lifesaving skills.
Book our programmes
Do you work with young people affected by violence? Book our training sessions today to empower them to keep themselves and others safe.
The course changed my life. I had a friend who was stabbed recently. I would have been a lot more help to him if I’d done this course when it happened. I’ve told my friends what I have learnt here, so now they all know the basic first-aid techniques too