StepWise is a peer education programme which empowers young people at risk of violence to learn, share and teach emergency lifesaving skills. Young people are provided with first aid accreditation, career guidance and mentoring.
Underpinned by StreetDoctors’ core ethos of reducing mortality and morbidity amongst young people, StepWise offers personal development through peer education, career development and solution focused mentoring.
1. Young person attends a StreetDoctors ‘what to do when someone is bleeding’ module
2. Young person attends a StreetDoctors ‘what to do when someone is unconscious’ module
3. Young person starts to co-deliver teaching sessions, sharing what they’ve learnt with their peers
4. Young person attends a one day accredited first aid at work course
5. Young person attends a careers day to explore pathways into healthcare professions
6. Young person is matched with a medical student, offering 4-6 weeks of solution focused mentoring
If you’re interested in StepWise being part of your service delivery to young people, please contact email@example.com.